- Are you a small business with headquarters in Queensland?
- Do you have fewer than 20 employees?
- Do you have an Australian Business Number (ABN) as well as being registered for GST?
- Was your turnover $2 million or less last financial year?
If you have answered yes to all of these (and provided your business isn’t insolvent or has owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt) then you can apply for a Small Business Digital Grants Program from the Queensland Government.
What Is The Small Business Digital Grants Program?
Eligible businesses can apply for up to $10,000 (excluding GST) of matched funding for digital technologies.
The Small Business Digital Grants Program can assist small businesses to access digital technologies and services to help them work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
The minimum funding amount is $1000 and businesses must be able to demonstrate how the digital technology (or service) will help them become more competitive, enhance their digital capabilities and employ more staff. You will be required to complete a survey 12 months after the funding has been received and report on the impact the funding has had on your business.
What Marketing Services Can I Use The Grant For?
Four broad categories are outlined as a priority in the digital grant program:
- Content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- Selling online or receiving online payments
- Specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- Digital planning, digital marketing strategy development, and digital training
Therefore, it’s simply a case of working out which approach will best help your business achieve growth. These could include:
- A responsive website that leads to more enquiries
- A social media campaign that increases brand awareness
- Tailored digital marketing strategy to connect with more customers and generate sales.
- An Ecommerce website to sell your products.
Apply For The Small Business Digital Grants Program
Don’t delay your application Round 5 closes at 5pm on 8 October 2018. Make sure you’ve read the eligibility and application guidelines. You can only make one application per ABN and you must be able to pay up front for the product or service in full (you will be reimbursed after submitting supplier invoices).
In the meantime, why not talk to Webics about growing your business online? Our experienced team will analyse your business and tailor a plan that suits your business goals and your budget. You won’t need to sign up for any services (or pay for them) until your application has been approved.