Update December 2019:
Facebook has now removed all grey verification badges due to users being confused about their meaning. Blue verification badges will still appear on the pages of public figures, media companies and brands.
Facebook page verification lets people know that your business or organization is authentic. The process is quick and easy, so it’s worth doing to increase the credibility of your business.
There are two tiers of facebook verification – a blue verification badge and a grey verification badge – but both reassure visitors to your page that they are interacting with a real organisation. Your page will also perform better in searches.
Here’s how Facebook page verification works in 2019
Facebook Page Verification Process
Verifying a facebook page is easy. Follow these simple steps:
- Click Settings (top right hand corner)
- Click Page Verification then Verify this Page
- Fill out all the requested fields
- Click Call Me Now and Facebook will call with a verification code
- Enter 4-digit verification code and click Continue
If you have an IVR menu or don’t have a publicly listed number, you can upload a document to verify your Facebook business page. The document must display your business or organisation name and address. For example:
- Phone bill or utility bill
- Business licence or tax documentation
- Certificate of formation
- Articles of incorporation
“We’ll only use this document to verify your business and will never share or post it publicly.”
How Do I Get A Facebook Blue Verification Badge?
The first thing to understand before you request a blue verification badge from Facebook is that not everyone can attain one.
“If you see a blue badge on a Page or profile, it means that Facebook confirmed that this is the authentic Page or profile for this public figure, media company or brand. Keep in mind that not all public figures, celebrities and brands on Facebook have blue badges.”
Note: It is not possible to obtain a blue verification badge in exchange for money. Facebook deletes the badges of anyone offering this service.
How Do I Get A Facebook Grey Verification Badge?
A grey verification badge is available to almost all business pages. Eligibility criteria include:
- You must be admin of your business page
- Your page must be published
- There must be some content posted on your page
- Your page must have a cover photo and a profile picture
A Facebook page with a grey verification badge has been vetted by Facebook as an authentic page for that particular business or organization.
Why Can’t I Verify My Facebook Page?
If your facebook verification has been rejected or you are experiencing problems try the following:
- Make sure there is a link on your website to your Facebook business page
- Add a link from your personal Facebook page to your business page
- Complete the ‘about’ section in as much detail as possible. This includes any additional fields that are relevant to your business.
- Include your street address and phone number. If you have privacy concerns you can try adding just the city, state and postcode in which your business is located.
Still have verification problems?